The Port Susan Middle School Counseling Program is an integral part of the total school environment. The counseling program encourages student growth in the areas of academics, social/emotional, personal, and career (goal setting).
Your school counselor: Keli Niegemann
Counselor's Corner September, 2018
I hope all of you had an enjoyable and restful summer. I look forward to seeing you again and meeting some new faces in September. A very important tool for middle school students to possess is organization. As you start middle school, you will have more teachers and different expectations. Here are some ideas for you to consider as the school year approaches.
At school, use a book bag or notebook to carry all of your papers and books. Use dividers with tabs in your notebook or individual folders to keep each subject separate. Have a pencil pouch to hold pencils, pens, and other supplies. All students should keep a planner in order to stay organized and remind students and parents of important information.
At home, have a specific time and place where you are able to study and do your homework every day. Make a habit of bringing your school work and planner home every night. When you finish homework, put it back in your notebook so it won’t get lost or fall out. Before you go to bed, set out all school supplies in one place so that you will be prepared in the morning and not rushed.
I look forward to seeing everyone as we start our new year!
- pdf Counselor's Corner May 2018 (170 KB)
- pdf Counselor's Corner April 2018 (102 KB)
- pdf Counselor's Corner March 2018 (174 KB)
- pdf Counselor's Corner January 2018 (123 KB)
- pdf Counselor's Corner-December 2017 (192 KB)
- pdf Counselor's Corner-November 2017 (115 KB)
- document Counselor's Corner - October 2017 (130 KB)
- Counselor's Corner - June 2017
- document Counselor's Corner - May 2017 (60 KB)
- pdf Counselors Corner - April 2017 (310 KB)
- pdf Counselors Corner - March 2017 (310 KB)
- document Counselors Corner - February 2017 (305 KB)
- document Counselors Corner - January 2017 (135 KB)
You may contact PSMS’s Counselor, Keli Niegemann